March 23, 2010

Shamrock Run

Since I enjoyed my first 5k so much and I missed my wonderful best friend I decided to take a long drive down to Oregon for the Shamrock Run. The drive is long but we are starting to get used to it...although we still get excited when we see the space needle and of have to take pictures of the big buildings as we go through...I think that's just the small town in us.
When we finally got to Ashlyn's she modelled her new vacuum for us...it was pretty fantastic :)
Karaoke was a big hit with Bryce

Unfortunately time went by very quickly and before we knew it it was bright and early race day morning. It was very,very cold. Trav's coffee did an ok job of keeping me a little warmer.
A little stretching and I was ready to go!
A quick picture first...
While I was off running Travis did a wonderful job of taking pictures of the crowd. There were about 21,000 runners that day and many, many spectators! It was an amazing sight!
My little man was watching and waiting for me to make it to the finish line!
I was pretty excited to make it to the finish line!
I missed the start of the 15k but got a picture of Ashlyn finishing it!!
A little silliness...
Picture time after the races were finished...

My Travers and I waiting to hear the race results.

Ashlyn and I had green fingernails since it was the shamrock run and all...
Playing around at the finish line
There was still a long drive back home that day so good-bye for now was inevitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment